On September 17, 2023, at around 11 a.m., Prime Minister Narendra Modi will introduce a new “PM Vishwakarma” program to honor Vishwakarma Jayanti. The India International Convention and Expo Centre in Dwarka, New Delhi, will host the inaugural ceremony.
The Prime Minister Modi has repeatedly reaffirmed his dedication to supporting those who work in traditional crafts. By promoting regional goods, arts, and crafts, we hope to preserve the preservation and vitality of long-standing customs, cultures, and unique heritages in addition to providing financial support to artisans and craftsmen.
With a dedicated budget of Rs 13,000 crore, the Union Government would fully fund the “PM Vishwakarma” scheme. The “Vishwakarmas,” or artisans, will be registered for free through Common Services Centers using a biometric-based PM Vishwakarma site under this scheme. A PM Vishwakarma certificate and ID card will serve as recognition, and they will have the chance to expand their skills through both fundamental and advanced instruction.
In addition, program participants will be eligible for a toolkit reward of Rs. 15,000 and access to no-collateral loan support up to Rs. 1 lakh for the first tranche and Rs. 2 lakh for the second tranche at a 5% discount. To further empower and uplift the Vishwakarmas in their craft and trade activities, incentives for digital transactions and marketing assistance will also be offered.
Official PM Vishwakarma Yojana Website (https://pmvishwakarma.gov.in/).
- Indian Resident
- Artisan or Craftspeople/Craftsmen
- Age: 18 years or above
- Not availed benefits of PMEGP, PM SVANidhi, or Mudra Loan
Trades Eligible under PM Vishwakarma Yojana:
- Fishing Net Maker
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Barber (Nai)
- Doll and Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Basket/Mat/Broom Maker/Coir Weaver
- Mason (Rajmistri)
- Cobbler (Charmkar)/Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Sculptor (Moortikar, Stone Carver), Stone Breaker
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Goldsmith (Sonar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Boat Maker
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Identity Card
- Proof of Occupation
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
How to Apply:
- Beginning on September 17, 2023, go to the PM Vishwakarma Yojana official website.
- Use your cellphone number and Aadhar Card to register.
- Authenticate your OTP by using your mobile number and Aadhar card as proofs.
- Include your name, address, and information pertaining to your trade when completing the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Registration Form.
- Send the registration form in.
- For future use, download the PM Vishwakarma Digital ID and Certificate.
- Register on the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Portal to submit applications for various program elements.
- Upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form in for review.
- The received applications will be checked by officials.
- The PM Vishwakarma Yojana will use Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks, and Other Financial Institutions to distribute Collateral-Free Loans.
- At their local CSC Center, artisans and artists can register and submit applications under the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- The PM Vishwakarma Yojana Mobile App will be created by the Indian government to facilitate registration.
Benefifits of Scheme:
- Loan up to Rs. 1,00,000/- at 5% Interest Rate in the 1st Phase.
- Loan up to Rs. 2,00,000/- at 5% Interest Rate in the 2nd Phase.
- Skill Training provided.
- Stipend of Rs. 500/- per day during Training Period.
- Rs. 15,000/- provided to Purchase Advance Tool Kit.
- PM Vishwakarma Certificate and Identity Card provided.
- 1st phase loan tenure: 18 months.
- 2nd phase loan tenure: 30 months.
- Incentive of Rs.1/- per Digital Transaction.